From carbon nanotubes to an innovative material and filter
The adsorbent filter is the product designed for all companies that need to purify industrial wastewater, contaminated by organic substances. The core of the technology consists of the adsorbent material of which it is composed, that is carbon nanotubes supported on inert material. This is one of the most interesting nanomaterials of recent years, which has shown excellent adsorption properties against certain substances such as dyes and hydrocarbons, improving the performance of purification compared to existing technologies on the market. What makes this product unique and highly innovative is the ability to regenerate the filter material and the recovery of the filtered pollutant.
To use the filter it's not necessary to pre-treat the water to be purified. The adsorbent material is flexible to multiple pollutants such as waste oils, hydrocarbons, polyphenols, industrial dyes, herbicides, pesticides, surfactants and others, abating them even if in small traces. It is easy to integrate into production processes thanks to its versatility of application even in pre-existing purification plants. The regeneration of the material occurs when the filter is saturated so that it can be reused for n cycles while maintaining its high performance. The recovery of pollutants, if requested by the customer, allows the reinsertion of the same in the production processes. These substances can go from being critical to being resources again.
The filter could find application in the following sectors:
• The textile industry uses water a lot. Water is used to clean the raw material and for many flow stages during the entire production.
• The tanning industry is one of the oldest natural material processes. Tannery wastewater usually contains large quantities of organic pollutants, even with the presence of sulphides and chromium.
• Food companies for the processing of ready-to-use products use a high amount of water resources and therefore need to treat and purify waste water from the production cycle (eg. Pesticides, pesticides).
• The wastewater from the chemical and petrochemical industry has highly variable characteristics depending on the process and the production site (from clean water to highly toxic wastewater).
• Cleanup companies that carry out remediation operations by installing chemical-physical plants for the compliance of an area.
• Pharmaceutical companies need to purify production waste. With our filter they can also recover some active ingredients, reuse the process water and regenerate the containment tanks.
Via Archimede, 31
20864 Agrate Brianza (MB)
Corso Magenta, 96
20123 Milan (MI)